Articles on this Page
- 05/29/15--12:31: _SQL query showing a...
- 05/29/15--12:49: _Backup Exec Mail Sl...
- 05/29/15--14:00: _Restore selections ...
- 05/29/15--18:58: _Backup/duplication ...
- 05/29/15--23:04: _Problem with Online...
- 05/29/15--23:20: _policy directive al...
- 05/31/15--00:32: _Restore complete En...
- 05/31/15--03:46: _Upgrade operating s...
- 06/01/15--06:52: _Error E000FE09 when...
- 06/01/15--07:28: _Symantec System Rec...
- 06/01/15--08:07: _BE2012 Rev. 1798 Co...
- 06/01/15--08:09: _Force tapes to a pool
- 06/01/15--08:51: _Wann erscheint die ...
- 06/01/15--09:01: _Backup exec 12
- 06/01/15--10:07: _NetBackup 184.108.40.206 (...
- 06/01/15--10:10: _NetBackup Appliance...
- 06/01/15--10:24: _Updating Virtual Ma...
- 06/02/15--05:11: _Where do i have to ...
- 06/02/15--05:22: _GEN_DATA for windows
- 06/02/15--05:23: _Netbackup 220.127.116.11 a...
- 05/29/15--12:31: SQL query showing a clients successful backups for a certain date
- 05/29/15--12:49: Backup Exec Mail Slot Updates are Ignored Intermittently
- 05/29/15--14:00: Restore selections offers only most recent backup set
- 05/29/15--18:58: Backup/duplication failure scenarios
- 05/29/15--23:04: Problem with Online Tape and Offline tape in my system
- 05/31/15--00:32: Restore complete Enterprise vault
- 05/31/15--03:46: Upgrade operating system for Symantec Appliance 5220
- 06/01/15--06:52: Error E000FE09 when backing up Netgear ReadyData
- 06/01/15--07:28: Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 MS with different ssr client
- 06/01/15--08:07: BE2012 Rev. 1798 Could not connect to the vCenter Server
- 06/01/15--08:09: Force tapes to a pool
- 06/01/15--08:51: Wann erscheint die nächste Version von Symantec System Recovery?
- 06/01/15--09:01: Backup exec 12
- Over 100 customer-related defect fixes, including four 18.104.22.168 issues highlighted in the 7.6.1 Late Breaking News
- Proliferations and Features:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7- Oracle 11g R2 & 12c R2
- BMR - Windows Server 2012 R2 Client/Boot Server
- Exchange 2013 CU7
- SharePoint 2013 support for SQL 2014
- Windows 2012 R2 Update 3
- Exchange 2007 SP3 RU16
- Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 (Client)
- CentOS 7 (Client)
- OEL 6.6 (Client)
- OEL 7 (Client)
- SUSE 12 (Media Server, MSDP, Cloud)
- SAP HANA SPS 09 SUSE 11 SP3
- SAP HANA SPS 09 RHEL 6.5
- Ubuntu 14.10
- Domino SLES 12 (Domino 9.0.1 FP3 IF1)
- 06/01/15--10:10: NetBackup Appliances 22.214.171.124 is now available!
- 06/01/15--10:24: Updating Virtual Machine server credentials
- 06/02/15--05:11: Where do i have to install Enterprise Server Option?
- 06/02/15--05:22: GEN_DATA for windows
- 06/02/15--05:23: Netbackup 126.96.36.199 and pbx removal
I need to show report displaying a clients backups that were successful on 5/22/15 – 5/23/15 is there someone who can display a query on that? It could be used by opscenter or not.
For example all the successful backups that starts with the policy name SBT
Thanks in Advance
When exporting or importing media to the library, Backup Exec will request a media intervention. When an administrator places or removes a tape, as instructed by the media intervention request, Backup Exec will often fail to notice that media has been placed into, or removed from, the mail slot. It's about a 1/4 success/fail ratio. Often, opening the door on the library and closing it again is the only action required to get Backup Exec to see the change.
The library is an Overland Neo 2000 with one SCSI drive. It's listed as supported on the HCL.
I'm using backupexec 2012 on Windows 2008R2. My backup media are USB drives. I need to restore some files from a backup a few days ago. I select the Backup and Restore tab and the server that has the files I wish to restore. Next I click on the Restore icon and choose File, folders, or volumes two times. click on the arrow beside the drive I wish to from. In my past experience with backupexec I would see a history of dates and I could select which date I wanted to restore from. This one is showing me only the date of the most recent successful backup and no earlier dates.
I connected an older drive and cataloged and inventoried that drive. I still see only the date of the most recent backup.
What must I do to restore from a backup other than the most recent?
I am trying to understand the consequences of certain failure scenarios.
(1) I have to back up 3 volumes (vol1, vol2, vol3 in that order) via NDMP within the same policy which has weekly full on Saturday and daily incremental. Let's say during a weekly full backup, it failed in the middle of backing up vol2 and it's out of the full backup window.
- Is the backup of the vol1 portion still good, ie, can it be used for future recovery?
- If I re-run the backup policy manually by selecting weekly full schedule, will it do a full backup on vol1 again?
- If I don't re-run the backup policy manually and wait for the next backup window which is a daily incremental backup, will it back up vol2 and vol3 in full?
(2) I have backups going to VTL which then get dupliated to physical tape library. If the tapes run out, duplication will fail. Will netbackup continue from where it left off? For example, if a duplication job is duplicating image x from VTL and it fails in the middle of it because there is no more tape to write to. After I put in more tapes, will it continue to write the data next in image x on the new tape? Or it will rewrite to the new tape from the beginning of image x?
The first, my English is very poor. Hope you can understand what I mean.
I'm a new customer using system with tape storage and symantec backup.
Now, my system have got a new arlam in this image. Can you take to me how to fix this alarm??
And i dont known the difference between online and offline tape?
1. I have an ms windows policy with C and D drive + system state backup selected (the two drives are local not network drives)
2. I also have an other ms windows policy with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive selected
Is there any difference in terms of backup and restoration?
I read the manual and it says that all local drives directive contains system state as well and backup the local drives.
If I restore 1. numbered backup or 2. numbered backup are they work the same way?
ps: I set the 1. the C and D with streaming to backup concurently. I only see that this is the only difference.
I am looking for you answers
thank you in advance
I have NetBackup env as below:
Master Server: NBU 7.6.1
OS: RHEL 6.6
Media Server: NBU 188.8.131.52
OS Suse/NBU 5230 Appliance
And the below Enterprise vault environment:
OS: Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise
MSSQL: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
OS: Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise
We are in the process of migrating all the Physical servers to Virtual.
So I want to take a full backup of the front End enterprise vault servers (Physical) which i already have and restore everything (only EV application) to the virtual server. Please note the SQL database has already been moved successfully.
Can anyone advice on how to plan it?
Our Information Security team, as per the annual audit, scanned the hosts for vulnerability and found that the OS on these appliance is very old - scan output message says, "Unsupported Unix Operating System".
Lack of support implies that no new security patches for the product will be released by the vendor. As a result, it is likely to contain security vulnerabilities.
We have upgraded the Appliance to version 184.108.40.206, however that does not upgrade the underlying OS.
Is there any technote from Symantec supporting that OS shall remain the same or plans on upgrading the Appliance OS etc. in detail?
I running BE 2014 SP2 on a Windows server 2012 R2 connected to a Qualstar tape library with 2 drives. I backing up a Netgear ReadyData 5200 with approximately 15 TB of data in use. The E000FE09 error happens part way through the backups. It doesn't matter the directory that I'm backing up or if it's a full or incremental, and it's not consistant. I have attached the log
I use Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management solution. Several product version are managed (10.0.1.xxxx, 11.0.0.xxxx, 11.0.2.xxxx, 11.1.0.xxxx). And several licence are used (SSR 2011, SSR 2013, SSR 2013 R2).
Sometimes, I see a good status of the clients (Backed Up) but the status is false because one of the disk is not backuped. How resolve this issue ?
I find this problem only for the old versions of ssr clients.
Thanks a lot
I am using Symantec BE 2012 SP4 (Rev. 1798) on a physical server. I'm trying to add my vCenter (vCenter v5.1) server but I get credential error. I'm using a valid domain admin account and I'm sure about the password.
I get the error:
Unable to connect to "VMVCB: :\\(SEVERNAME)\Virtual Center". Could not connect to the vCenter server or ESX server. Please verify the credential supplied for login.
I read about compatibility problem between BE2012 and vCenter 5.1 but, if I'm not wrong, it has been resolved since SP2 release. Is it correct?
Any clue on this error?
Thanks a lot,
I have tapes with barcodes on it and want to split them for a Full Pool and a Differential Pool. When a tape comes back in a Scratch Pool then it must return to it's allocated Full or Differential Pool, but how can I realise this scenario?
Tape VVD001 = Full Pool
Tape VVD002 = Full Pool
Tape GGN003 = Differential Pool
Tape GGN004 = Differential Pool
Tape GGN005 = Differential Pool
Tape GGN006 = Differential Pool
The GGN003 tape may never be used for Full Pool and the VVD001 tape may never be used for the Differential Pool.
Is this possible?
ich spiele zur Zeit mit dem Gedanken für zu Hause eine Lizenz von Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 zu kaufen. Da das Produkt ja aus dem Jare 2013 stammt und ich es nicht eilig habe, wollte ich fragen, ob es sich eventuell lohnt, auf die nächste Version zu warten. In welchem Zyklus wird SSR veröffentlicht? Wann ist mit einem Nachfolger zu rechnen?
We use Backup exec 12 for windows server 2003 R2 and have not been able to back up for a couple weeks as I am unable to get into the system. I keep getting a message "You have not connected to a media server" when I enter the administrator password and cannot get any further. Can anyone help, thank you.
(crossposted from the Netting Out NetBackup blog)
I’m extremely happy to announce that NetBackup 220.127.116.11 is now Generally Available!
NetBackup 18.104.22.168 is our second maintenance release for the NetBackup 7.6.1 release update. This release contains fixes to over 550 issues including resolutions for most commonly downloaded EEBs, customer escalations, and critical internally found defects. 22.214.171.124 also provides several critical security fixes and many high-demand proliferations to our customers. The significant content of this release is:
To download 126.96.36.199, please visit the following page:
NetBackup 188.8.131.52 Download Links
This is a MAINTENANCE Release for NetBackup (as opposed to a Release Update) - it can ONLY be applied on top of NetBackup 7.6.1 or 184.108.40.206. (If you are currently running 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.1.0.x, 7.5, 7.5.0.x OR 7.6.0.x, you will need to upgrade to 7.6.1 GA before you can apply 220.127.116.11.)
This is a CUMULATIVE release - it contains all 18.104.22.168 fixes and will do not need to apply 22.214.171.124 if you intend to apply 126.96.36.199.
To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in NetBackup 188.8.131.52, please refer to these Release Notes and our updated EEB guide:
NetBackup 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
Symantec NetBackup 7.6 Emergency Engineering Binary Guide
The NetBackup 7.6 and 7.6.1 Late Breaking News has also been updated to reflect newly released fixes in 220.127.116.11 for some of our highest visibility issues:
NetBackup 7.6.1 Late Breaking News
Short link: http://bit.ly/761LBN
NetBackup 7.6 Late Breaking News
Short link: http://bit.ly/76LBN
Bookmark the NetBackup Product Landing Page to have these links and many more useful links handy:
(crossposted from the Netting Out NetBackup blog)
I’m extremely happy to announce that NetBackup Appliances 18.104.22.168 is now Generally Available!
NetBackup Appliances 22.214.171.124 is the latest update for NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Applainces and the equivalent Appliance patch release to NetBackup 126.96.36.199. It can be applied in an upgrade to Appliances running ANY 2.5.x or 2.6.x.x version.
This release includes all fixes included in the NetBackup 188.8.131.52 release, including resolutions for most commonly downloaded EEBs, customer escalations, and critical internally found defects.
To download 184.108.40.206, please visit the following page:
NetBackup Appliance 220.127.116.11 Release
More information on 18.104.22.168 can be found at the following locations:
NetBackup Appliances 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
Complete Symantec NetBackup Appliance Documentation Set - 126.96.36.199 versions
The NetBackup Appliances Late Breaking News can be found here:
NetBackup 5xxx appliance series Late Breaking News
Short link: http://bit.ly/APPLBN
Bookmark the NetBackup Appliances Common Topics page to have these and many more useful links handy:
Im really newby on this.
I just updated the credentials of Virtual machine servers on Netbackup. after this i receive a message stating that daemons and processes should be restarted on netbackup server and Media servers involved. its possible to do this without rebooting the server ? how can i do this? can i "suspend" and "resume" running jobs during the restart process not affecting the running backups?
My netbackup server is running on a Linux machine and the media server is a Windows server .
For sharing a tape library from one media server to another media server we are planning to use the Enterprise Server Option. How many Enterprise Options do we need? For each media server? or just one for the media server with the connected tabe library?
Have create the idea GEN_DATA for windows:
as I think GEN_DATA for windows could be very usefull in all windows environments.
I need to remove NBU from my Ubuntu server.
I saw this post but i wonder if there has none-manually\better way to do it.
also i didn't find how to remove the vxpbx_exchange service. How should i do it?
I have an "install" script installation that installing the PBX and NBU Services - it is extracting the necessery packages from tar.gz files.