Articles on this Page
- 06/02/15--06:58: _Understanding Email...
- 06/02/15--07:34: _What files and fold...
- 06/02/15--08:45: _Backup Exec Reports
- 06/02/15--09:25: _Recommended Setting...
- 06/02/15--09:42: _Backing VM's using ...
- 06/02/15--10:09: _Error after upgrade...
- 06/02/15--10:23: _How do I Uninstall ...
- 06/03/15--04:51: _Netbackup 7.0 suppo...
- 06/03/15--06:40: _LotusNotes Trans/st...
- 06/03/15--06:53: _Scratch pool in Net...
- 06/03/15--06:56: _Debian compatibilit...
- 06/03/15--07:49: _Multiple Schedules ...
- 06/03/15--08:12: _ARS DataBase Fields
- 06/03/15--08:51: _change storage unit...
- 06/03/15--09:00: _Backup CIFS Shares ...
- 06/03/15--10:01: _Duplicate stage - L...
- 06/03/15--10:33: _CCTV and backup exe...
- 06/04/15--05:04: _SLP replication - d...
- 06/04/15--07:10: _How much space is r...
- 06/04/15--07:34: _Do Puredisk can bac...
- 06/02/15--06:58: Understanding Email notication
- Is my above understanding correct
- What do I use email Method 2 for and how is it different from Method 1
- In the manual it says Method 1 and 2 only send emails for unsuccessful backups and Method 3 sends emails for ALL backups - is this correct and if so why is there this difference and why is it not apparent in GUI (i.e there is nothing in GUI that signifies that the exit code of the backup has any bearing on whether email are sent out or not)
- 06/02/15--07:34: What files and folders do you want to restore?
- 06/02/15--08:45: Backup Exec Reports
- 06/02/15--09:25: Recommended Settings for Linux Master/Media Servers
- 06/02/15--09:42: Backing VM's using NBU with DataDomain
- 06/02/15--10:09: Error after upgrade to netbackup 7.5
- 06/02/15--10:23: How do I Uninstall Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent 12?
- 06/03/15--04:51: Netbackup 7.0 supports AIX 7.1 on IBM Power System S814
- 06/03/15--06:40: LotusNotes Trans/staged backups.
- 06/03/15--06:53: Scratch pool in NetBackup Administration 7.5
- 06/03/15--06:56: Debian compatibility 8 Netbackup 22.214.171.124
- 06/03/15--07:49: Multiple Schedules in SQL backup policies
- 06/03/15--08:12: ARS DataBase Fields
- 06/03/15--08:51: change storage unit to replication source
- 06/03/15--09:00: Backup CIFS Shares in VNXe 3150
- 06/03/15--10:01: Duplicate stage - Limit time
- 06/03/15--10:33: CCTV and backup exec 2014
- 06/04/15--07:10: How much space is required to install BE agent
- 06/04/15--07:34: Do Puredisk can backup files without extension?
I am struggling to understand the Email notication in netbackup. It seems there are at least 3 places in the NBU GUI, NetBackup Management section:
1. Host Properties > Master Server > Server_hostname > Global Attributes > Administrator’s email 2. Host Properties > Master Server > Server_hostname > Universal Settings > Client administrator’s email 3. Host Properties > Clients > Client_hostname > Universal Settings > Client administrator’s email
Suppose I have servers administered by the following teams:
NBU Master: Adminstrator: TEAM NBU
hostX: Adminstrator: TEAM App A
hostY: Adminstrator: TEAM App B
hostZ: Adminstrator: TEAM App B
So as I understand I could use:
email method 1 (Master Server Global Attributes) as "TEAM NBU" so that TEAM NBU gets Email notications for all backups
email method 3 (Clients Universal Settings) as "TEAM A" for client hostX and "TEAM B" for clients hostY and hostZ, so that TEAM A/B only get emails for the hosts they administer
So my questions are:
I got a problem trying to restore a file from Full tape backup.
I have 3 routines (Diary (differential), weekly (full) and monthly (full)).
After all full backups I do a restore test with successfully, I remove the tapes and guard. But when I insert that tapes and try to restore isn't appeared any files in directory.
Ps: I cataloged all tapes.
Follow the image =(
I am attempting to create a couple of specific reports in Backup Exec, and I'm not sure if they are possible. I am trying to create a report documenting the space used by our Backup jobs by group. We have 4 different groups in which we have backup jobs. I'd also like to report De-dup ratios, and data transfer rate/total data backed up. The latter I have been able to do, however I cannot get it to report in anything other than Bytes.
If this is not possible in Backup Exec, can anyone suggest a third party program that may be able to help out? Preferably something open source/free.
Is there is a list of recommended config settings for the RedHat Linux OS when running as a master or media server? Kind of a vague question I know but I am curious about settings like these ones below...
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time 7200 cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_intvl 75 cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_probes 9
Currently they are just default settings as this is a new site, but I would like to go ahead and best practice it to avoid any issues.
Someones knows, or have experience backing up vm's with NBU using Data Domain and DD Boost.
Please share information about it.
We instaled Netbackup 7.5 on a Windows 2008 server. We got the message " Installation Complete " Whe the box came up to add additional License Keys, we hit Finish, and then got the following msg
The NetBackup Access Controll upgrade failed and must be rune manually
Does this mean that there should probably be another license key that should have been installed ?
Running BE 12.0 Rev 1364 on Win 2003 server (64bit)
After searching online- all links to removal are from Veritas' dead support site, I very much need to uninstall.
the agent manually- or with a symantec removal tool?
Can anyone help with details?
We have the following:-
1. Symantec Netbackup 7.0 running on Windows 2008 R2.
2. AIX 7.1 running on IBM power System S814
Now, as I have check the compibilities where it says that NBU 7.0 do support AIX 7.1 but with the below notes.
Symantec does not test all IBM POWER-based server models and relies on the IBM AIX 5L Version 5 binary compatibility statement. Reference:
1. Will the NBU support the AIX infra with the given hardware. Will there any caution need to be taken care.
2. I could not understand the above note given in the Symantec compibilities docs. what that means "realies on the IBM AIX 5L ....statement."
PLease, help me on these queries.
We have a company here helping or Lotus notes admin build a new Lotus notes farm including the domino server, Archiving server etc.
There are all VM servers running server 2012 R2There are 6 drives on this server
I can handle most of this but 3 of the drives
They want Transaction logs backup. which from what I am seeing I can't do this as a VM backup I am going to have to install a agent on the server correct?
Not the next issue is the D, and E drive
They are saying I have to backup D, before E is backup or it will screw everything up. I am not seeing any way of saying backup D and once that is finished back up E.
Is there a way to stage this with out making 2 policys at 2 different times?
Any help would be great I am reading the admin guide for lotus notes backup now.
Netbackup server is
Windows 2008 R2 SP1
Media/master same server
I'm new to the NetBackup, need to clarify how the NetBackup working with DataDomain. The DataStore pools have 1140 virtual virtual tapestapes, Scratch pool have 487 virtual tapes, ToRemove pool have 207 virtual tapes. But DataDomain is struggling over a month over 90% full, and yesterday 98% full. My question is, why it did not pull(used) the tapes from Scratch or ToRemove pool ? Does it need a manual intervention to activate these virtual tapes?
Netbackup 126.96.36.199 is compatible with Debian 8???? for VM backup.
I did a test, the backup processed normally, the normal restore backup ok.
The virtual machine restore submitted error (2820).
We're using NB7.5 writing to Data Domain disk storage and to tape.
We run daily, weekly and monthly backups on live SQL databases. We have a policy for a specific backups, and following the support doc here - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH90544.html - I can create schedules with start times so if the job runs on a weekday it writes to Data Domain storage (6 weeks retention) or at the weekend it runs the weekly SLP (writes to Data Domain with 6wks retention then also replicates to a tape with 1 year retention).
But what about our month end backups? They also happen at weekends. Given the current options there is no way to differentiate whether the backup is a weekly or monthly backup, so no way to set the monthly backup to the standard 10 year retention on tape.
Is there a way to specify an application backup schedule when running the job at the command line? (All our jobs are run like that via a 3rd party scheduler).
If not I'll have to create a dedciated month end policy.
Sorry if this question is off toppic here .....
Can someone give me a Hint regarding ARS DataBase? ... I need to know if exists a field in the DB that
register the date of FINISH of last succes backup per user??
we have 2 netbackup domains (N4, N8) with 1-1 DataDomain attached to it.
I'd like to setup Netbackup AIR between these two domains. is it possible to change the currently used storage units mode to replication source? or do i have to create new storage units?
On datadomain the ddboost assoc. is setup, but netbackup is not accepting the new SLP, saying the STU is not capable to replicate from.
sysadmin@ N4# ddboost association show all Local Storage Unit Direction Remote Host Remote Storage Unit ------------------ ------------ ---------------------------- ------------------- mssql replicate-to N8 mssql_N4 ------------------ ------------ ---------------------------- ------------------- sysadmin@ N8# ddboost association show all Local Storage Unit Direction Remote Host Remote Storage Unit ------------------ -------------- ---------------------------- ------------------- mssql_N4 replicate-from N4 mssql ------------------ -------------- ---------------------------- -------------------
I have Backup Exec 2012 installed on a physical server and I recently configured a CIFS shares in VNXe 3150 SAN Storage...
In VNX --> Settings --> Shared Folder Server Settings I have added shared folder Server;
Share Name = VeeamNFS
Server IP = 10.90.8.200
Domain/Workgroup = CIFS
Advanced Storage Access = Enabled for all hosts ( and I set a username and password)
NDMP = Enabled (and I set a password as the default username is ndmp)
Enable NIS = Checked/Enabled
Domain = CIFS
IP Addresses =
1. pNIC-1 of the Backup Server 10.90.8.29
2. pNIC-2 of the Backup Server 10.90.8.100
VNXe --> Storage --> Shared Folders = VeeamCIFS
Name = CIFS
Protocol = CIFS
Local Path = /
Export Path = \\10.90.8.200\CIFS
With the above configuration, I'm able to access this shares from the Backup Server, I'm also able to add the CIFS Shares into Veeam Console and write Veeam Backup using the created username and password in the VNXe Storage.
I want to backup the CIFS destination using BackupExec 2012;
I have added the File Server 10.90.8.200 but I'm not able to browse the \\10.80.8.200\CIFS directory where the Backup Contents available.
But I'm abale to see only /VeeamCIFS and no contents on it.
I have tried adding the server using NDMP credentails and the ASA credentials, but no luck.
Any idea, help I would highly appreciated.
Running BEX 2014 on server 2008 r2
Have a Full job running to disk weekly and want to add a duplicate stage. I want to start the duplicate using the "Duplicate data immediately after source task completes" option. Is there a way to cancel the job if it is still running after X number of hours? This option is available if I schedule the stage but I want it to run immediately. perhaps it would take this maximum run time from the source task?
I have a customer who backup's CCTV footages to Tape using symantec backup exec 2014
Here are my questions:
is symantec backup exec a good solution for backing up CCTV images? The reason been that CCTV images are motion images, and as such creates little pieces of files constantly.
I have seen a lot of users complain that backup exec keeps doing a full backup each time it runs instead of an incremental even though set. Please look at this link below
Also been that symantec backup exec is a file level backup and not an image level or block level backup. how does this fit in with CCTV images.
Our SLPs for weekly and monthly backups are staged first to local Data Domain, then remote Data Domain then finally to tape. As we only have two active tape drives at the busiest times we have a backlog of writes to tape of several days.
One backup from Mon night has not written to tape and the command nbstlutil stlilist -image_incomplete -U to view queued SLPs doesn't show it. I can manually duplicate it from the catalog. But I'm baffled as to why it has never run or even tried to run.
On Tues I modified the SLPs it used, as the Monday night job was a custom emergency backup and I've changed the SLPs since, taking the tape write off the "Daily_Full" application schedule. Could changing the SLP after the job originally ran prevent the desired write to tape from running?
I like to know if Puredisk able backup files without extension?