Articles on this Page
- 11/12/15--10:16: _BMR - P2V : cannot ...
- 11/12/15--11:05: _couldn't find NBU 7...
- 11/12/15--12:21: _VMWare VIP Policy -...
- 11/12/15--14:51: _How to migrate back...
- 11/12/15--19:17: _NBU detecting 3 tap...
- 11/12/15--20:00: _[HELP] A device wit...
- 11/12/15--21:51: _Problem with synthe...
- 11/13/15--06:46: _Backing up single v...
- 11/13/15--07:05: _backing up FreeBSD ...
- 11/13/15--07:46: _Netbackup SAN trans...
- 11/13/15--08:41: _Where can I get det...
- 11/13/15--08:49: _Cannot Backup EV af...
- 11/13/15--09:09: _First inject of tap...
- 11/13/15--09:20: _Files not transferr...
- 11/13/15--15:08: _How do I use Ghost ...
- 11/13/15--15:36: _Live Update doesn't...
- 11/13/15--18:51: _SQL Backup
- 11/14/15--01:48: _File Restoration
- 11/14/15--17:53: _CAS Licensing
- 11/14/15--21:26: _how do you troubles...
- 11/12/15--10:16: BMR - P2V : cannot browse anything
- 11/12/15--11:05: couldn't find NBU 7.7.1 Java console
- 11/12/15--12:21: VMWare VIP Policy - Multiple vCenter, Duplicate Cluster Names
- 11/12/15--14:51: How to migrate backups between MSDP's
- 11/12/15--19:17: NBU detecting 3 tape drives with 3 robots
- 11/12/15--20:00: [HELP] A device with this name already exists
- 11/12/15--21:51: Problem with synthetic's backup
- 11/13/15--06:46: Backing up single vhd from hyper-v backup
- 11/13/15--07:05: backing up FreeBSD server problems quiesced snapshot
- 11/13/15--07:46: Netbackup SAN transport for VMWare
- 11/13/15--08:41: Where can I get detailed report/log on restores?
- 11/13/15--08:49: Cannot Backup EV after migration
- 11/13/15--09:09: First inject of tapes ignores barcode and media ID rules
- 11/13/15--09:20: Files not transferring on restore
- 11/13/15--15:36: Live Update doesn't see any pending updates
- 11/13/15--18:51: SQL Backup
- 11/14/15--01:48: File Restoration
- 11/14/15--17:53: CAS Licensing
- 11/14/15--21:26: how do you troubleshoot Exchange DAG backup errors?
I just wanna testing BMR to convert physical to virtual machine, but when I select the server that have a (iso) from vmware, I can´t browse anything. I tried on Master server Linux, and I create a Media server too, the both machines I put like Vmware Access Hosts.
The machine that I tried to convert is a Windows 2008 and the Media server that I installed is a Windows 2008.
We are upgrading our Veritas enterprise server to 7.7.1. Surprisely we couldn't find 7.7.1 Java console. Does anybody know where i find it?
thank you !
VM Admins are building their new vCenter 6 environment. While discussing backups was told that the cluster names in the new vCenterB would be the same as the old vCenterA for a short amount of time until migration is complete. My VIP queries are based on cluster names.
Will the VIP queries still work?
vCenterA - ClusterA
vCenterB - ClusterA
vCenterA and vCenterB are added as virtual machine servers already.
I have a domain with two MSDP but a MSDP this with 89% in use and another 35% in use and I have backups with one-year retention.
In this case, I wonder what is the best practice to migrate a backup between MSDP?
I need to reduce a use the first MSDP !
We are currently configuring our Tape Library (IBM TS3100) in Netbackup, though we are seeing that there are 3 robots in one of the media servers. Could someone please let me know if this is correct, or if there should just be one robot for these 3 tape drives? I was told that this was logically configured so that the robot would see the tape drive on the other media server since they don't have SAN switch to present all the 4 tape drives on each server. Thanks! Please see attached image.
After replaced broken drive in tape library and want to change device name to previous one.
An error "A device with this name already exists. Enter a unique name." shown.
How can I use previous name ?
I try to use synthetic backup for an ordinary windows file server.
I've created MS-Windows type policy.
Checked attributes "Collected true image restore information" and "with move detection".
Сheckedthe presence ofthe flag "OptimizedImage" for storage server and deduplication pool (via "/nbdevquery -liststs" and "nbdevquery -listdp").
I've created for this policy the necessary Full backup and Cumulative backup schedules.
But when I try to created Full Synthetic backup schedule I can't to check "Synthetic backup" attribute (look to attached screenshot).
What am I doing wrong?
As the title says, we are looking for a way to backup individual vhd(x) files from Hyper-V backups. Right now we have several virtual servers on a hyper-v host, and we wish to increase the backup of the data disks. I have found that this is possible in a cluster environment, but can anyone tell me if this is possible in a "standalone" hyper-v? Thank you
We are backing up different Linux VMs. Almost all linux backups are finishing successfully. Just two FreeeBSD appliances are reporting:
A quiesced snapshot could not be created for the virtual machine machinename
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00095a7 - The operation failed because the vCenter or ESX server reported that the virtual machine's configuration is invalid.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38311
Is there a possibility to tell backup exec not to try a quiesced snapshot? Any other ideas?
Thanks for any help.
I have media server and setup vmware backups and all works over LAN.
Now I'm trying to configure Netbackup for VMware backup over SAN.
- NB Master Server - snb2 (Windows 2008 R2)
- NB Media Server - svs2 (virtual machine) VMWare vcenter (Windows 2008 R2)
- ESX VMware - svm8
- Datastore, which stores clients VM - LUN214
- Master, Media, ESX - they are in the same VLAN and have access to each other
I want to make backups using vcenter.
- In vcenter - Automount disable, Automount scrub
- Configure zoning on SAN switch --> zone include media server (Vcenter), tape drive, ESX, datastore LUN214
- LUN shows up as online under disk management
- Changed the VMWARE policy to only use SAN as backup method. NBD works fine.
When I launch the job, a snapshot is created (as seen in vcenter) but, when the actual backp stream starts, I get this error:
Error opening the snapshot disks using given transport mode: Status 23.
What should I do?
In attachment VxMS log
I need to start saving restore logs for compliance/audit purposes.
I understand that restore logs are under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/...
However, when I view the contents of the various logs I don't the one major piece of info that I really need: the restore source.
I know the job details (in Activity Monitor) has this info in the form of "restoring from image .... ". But thats not in the logs. Wondering what might be the best way to collect this information.
I am unable to perform backup after EV migration to new server. Everything is working fine on EV server.
Windows 2003 R2
Backup exec 2010 R3
Windows 2008 R2
SQL 2008 R2
Backup exec 2010 R3
I can see the ev site and select it but when I backup I get the error message below
Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e0009504 - For the Backup Exec Enterprise Vault Agent, the Enterprise Vault services are not responding to commands sent by Backup Exec. Ensure that the Enterprise Vault Directory Service is running.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38148
Master is on Windows 2012 R2 VMware VM
Media servers on physical Win2008
Tapes are LTO3 and have a barcode configuration of 6 numbers, then L3 on the end (XXXXXXL3)
Tape Library: HP ESL 712e
|Barcode Tag||Media Type||Pool||Mounts/Clean|
Media ID Rule:
|Robot||Barcode Length||Media ID Rule|
When we inject tapes for the FIRST time they come in as DLT and the Media ID is incorrect. It is grabbing the last 6 characters instead of the first 6.
Tape barcode: 234567L3
Resultant Media ID: 4567L3
If I go to the Scratch pool and delete all of these DLT tapes that just came in and then re-inventory the robot, everything works normally. The type becomes hcart3 and the Media ID is correct.
For the example above the media becomes 234567 which is what I wanted.
Why does this only happen on the first time we inject the tapes? It looks like all of the rules are getting ignored and it is dropping to the DEFAULT rule which I do not know what the defaults would be for Media Type and Media ID.
Something wrong with my rules.
These tapes are from an older version of NetBackup (they are not brand new) that we are now using in the 7.6 environment.
We had two other robots connected to this environment which we have since retired which is why the robot in the above table is number 2.
Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
So i am migrating a old File server from 2003 server to a new 2012 server. The 2003 server is running BE 12.5 and the new server is running BE2015. I did a full back up on tape of the 2003 server of just the data that is needed. I ran an inventory and catalog so i can restore the files to the new server. Now when i do the restore the folders restore correctly however if there a files saved on the root of that directory none of the files transfer with it. I tried saving it to different locations and tried 2 other back up tapes to see if it was a back up issue. Any thoughts on solution to this this problem?
Does the latest version of Ghost Solution allow multicast imaging of UEFI/GPT Windows 10 images? If so is there a guide to setting up WinPE and its proper files for Windows Deployment Services?
Any help would be much appreciated.
See pic attached. The current version is 2010 R2 SP1. LU doesn't see anything pending.
What is the recommended action when this happens, fix LU or manual download/install.
If the latter, pls provide URL for files.
Running win 2k8 R2
We have many sql policies and every policy has many databases. Every day some instances of the policy gets failed with error code 6.
We have to manually fire the backup again for the whole database for particular client. Can not we fire backup only for the failed instace instead?
Is there any way so that we dont need to fire backup again and only failed instance can be backed up?
Need to know if netbackup created a directory itself on restoration or not if we wont give the directory name.
suppose we have to restore /usr/openv/recover.txt and we give the restoration directory destination /usr/openv/test/recover.txt
Will it create /test directory same as windows server at the time of restoration?
Hope someone can help me clarify
I have a 2 backup servers running as follow:
- BK01 - CAS + V-Ray => backing up vcenterserver + managing Managed server (BK02)
- BK02 - Managed server => backing up 3 x physical server (3 agents) + BK02 itself
All jobs defined on CAS and one of the jobs is for backing up BK02
Each backup server has its own local storage.
my questions are:
1. Do I need another physical agent for Backup2 on Backup1 CAS?
2. Does Backup server need an agent to backup itself?
NBU 184.108.40.206, Exchange 2013 cu4
i have an Exchange DAG with 2 members. the backup policy created for Exchange was for the DAG. now if the backup policy is having backup problems, how do you troubleshoot which servers are causing the problem? or how do you start troubleshooting DAG backup issues?