Articles on this Page
- 11/29/15--01:26: _restore exchange da...
- 11/30/15--08:25: _Backup exec managem...
- 11/30/15--08:30: _NDMP and Disk pools...
- 11/30/15--08:36: _Is there a way to c...
- 11/30/15--09:00: _admin Backup partia...
- 11/30/15--09:40: _Configuring SQL Gra...
- 11/30/15--10:58: _Netbackup platform ...
- 11/30/15--11:43: _Need manual/pdf for...
- 11/30/15--11:50: _Status in "Active: ...
- 11/30/15--12:42: _Updating LUN on mas...
- 11/30/15--13:23: _Same credential fai...
- 12/01/15--08:28: _troubleshoot
- 12/01/15--09:09: _Backup Exec 2015 Cl...
- 12/01/15--09:24: _Restoring LTO4 Tape...
- 12/01/15--11:03: _Certificate Error A...
- 12/01/15--12:00: _Duplicating backup ...
- 12/01/15--12:11: _Best practices for ...
- 12/01/15--12:16: _Netbackup 771 with ...
- 12/01/15--15:04: _B.EXec 2012 Updates
- 12/01/15--16:41: _Backup problem with...
- 11/29/15--01:26: restore exchange database form DAG to stand alone sever
- 11/30/15--08:25: Backup exec management interface problem
- 11/30/15--08:30: NDMP and Disk pools ( data domain ) lab setup
- 11/30/15--08:36: Is there a way to configure a maximum run time for a job
- 11/30/15--09:00: admin Backup partial successful with Errno = 5: I/O error
- 11/30/15--10:58: Netbackup platform base, limited/complete edition
- 11/30/15--11:43: Need manual/pdf for BE 2014
- 11/30/15--11:50: Status in "Active: Queued - Backup" while backing up ?
- bring up the new file system as /usr/nbtemp or something like that
- rsync /usr/openv to /usr/nbtemp while NetBackup is running but while activity is relatively low
- Once that initial rsync is complete, shut down NetBackup, remount /usr/openv to a temp location
- remount /usr/nbtemp as /usr/openv
- run a second rsync from the original /usr/openv file system to the new /usr/openv to catch all files that changed
- restart NetBackup using new file system
- 11/30/15--13:23: Same credential fail on sixth server.
- 12/01/15--08:28: troubleshoot
- 12/01/15--09:09: Backup Exec 2015 Cloud Connector
- 12/01/15--09:24: Restoring LTO4 Tapes from 10d server on version 15 server
- 12/01/15--11:03: Certificate Error After Upgrade to 7.7.1
- 12/01/15--12:11: Best practices for Multiplexing/Streams per drive
- 12/01/15--12:16: Netbackup 771 with HP_StoreOnceCatalyst OST
- 12/01/15--15:04: B.EXec 2012 Updates
- 12/01/15--16:41: Backup problem with BE2014
- Why tape slot 12 not used, it's appendable ?
- If tape in slot 13 was full, then why tape in slot 12 not use ? Since both tapes for this job.
We encounter a problem with backup exec 2014 management interface which doesn't function any more!!
we can't access to the backup exec interface and can't logon as show in the attached file !!
any idea please how to recover for this case?
I need some suggestions,
I have Netbackup master & Media 7.5 server on Redhat 6.5 box.Emulated Virtual tapes with virtual software on same box.
Additonally I have one more windows media server where drives are configured with iscsi.
Currently we have prod env with Datadomain.
Is there anyway that I can simulate the Datadomain kind of setup in my test lab. I would also like to see if I can be able to simulate NDMP also.
Please guide me in simualting both of the above,so that I can do some R&D in my test bed and learn concepts.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
waiting for replies.
I have a Windows 2008 R2 master server running Netbackup 18.104.22.168. We use VMware Intelligent policies to backup our VMs every other day.
I have one VM client in the policy that ran 88 hours over the long weekend (basically not doing anything for the last couple days). I'd like to be able to set some extreme maximum run time for a job - perhaps 3 days. My searches show that this is possible in Backup Exec but I don't see any feature like this in Netbackup. Am I missing it?
please find the error log
11/28/2015 03:56:38 - begin writing
11/28/2015 04:11:11 - Info bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: TRV - [/Backup/ossdg/export/opt/ericsson/aos/3PP/brass/etc/.BRASS] is a socket special file. Skipping
11/28/2015 04:11:11 - Info bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: TRV - [/Backup/ossdg/export/opt/ericsson/aos/3PP/brass/etc/.BRASS_SYNC] is a socket special file. Skipping
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Error bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: ERR - Cannot process sparse file /Backup/ossdg/export/versant/db/WRAN_SUBNETWORK_MIRROR_CS/system. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Error bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: ERR - Cannot lstat /Backup/ossdg/export/versant/db/WRAN_SUBNETWORK_MIRROR_CS/system1. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Warning bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: WRN - Cannot cd to /Backup/ossdg/export/versant/db. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Error bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: ERR - Cannot lstat /Backup/ossdg/export/versant/db/WRAN_SUBNETWORK_MIRROR_CS/WRAN_SUBNETWORK_MIRROR_CS_CHECK. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Warning bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: WRN - Cannot cd to /Backup/ossdg/export/versant. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Error bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: ERR - Cannot lstat /Backup/ossdg/export/versant/db/WRAN_SUBNETWORK_MIRROR_CS/dbid. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Warning bpbrm (pid=1209) from client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup: WRN - Cannot cd to /Backup/ossdg/export. Errno = 5: I/O error
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Info bptm (pid=1255) waited for full buffer 50241 times, delayed 366639 times
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Info bptm (pid=1255) EXITING with status 0 <----------
11/28/2015 05:28:51 - Info bpbrm (pid=1209) validating image for client atrcxb2777-2778ossbkup
11/28/2015 05:28:52 - Info bpbkar (pid=13400) done. status: 1: the requested operation was partially successful
11/28/2015 05:28:52 - end writing; write time: 1:32:14
the requested operation was partially successful (1)
Does anybody knows how to enable GRT (Granular recovery) to recover an SQL Table in the Following Environment:
Windows Server 2008 R2
We have a compellent Storage conected to a FC SAN (Brocade) and couple of Poweredge Servers as ESX Hosts.
The BE console in installed on a Physical Server.
We are planing to swtich to Netbackup platform base license. what is the difference between complete and limited editions? Except to buy front end TB for backups, do we also have to buy deduplication capacity or already included?
thanks in advance !
Can someone please provide me with a url for the manual/pdf for BE 2014.
Backup goes "Active: Queued - Backup" after backup for some files (Refer to attached capture) ??
We have a Linux master server running 22.214.171.124. It has a separate file system for /usr/openv. Recently, it had a spike in growth and was 99% utilized. File system at that time was 1.0 TB in size. Added 400 GB LUN to the file system to create a 1.4 TB file system and the space issue was alleviated. Unfortunately, the 400GB was on the slowest disks we have in the data center. Now, when we look at large image files that are 2 or 3 months old, the system slows to a crawl while the catalog data that is over 30 days old is uncompressed - iowait time goes to 40 to 50%. Our storage group is going to provide a new 1.4 TB LUN to use instead that has faster disks and a faster communication link, but it will require copying everything from the existing /usr/openv file system to a new file system using the faster disks. Had asked about doing a SAN replication, but the old and new file systems are using the same fabric so the replication option is not available. So, the plan is:
Should this work?
I'm using the same credentials and it fails on sixth server. It's a new setup/license but fail at making a trust and connection.
how to troubleshoot the drive down issue in netbackup?
thanks in advance
With the cloud connector in BE 2015 FP2 is it possible to backup directly to Azure without using the Steelstore Appliance like you can with Amazon?
We are migrating from a server that has Backup Exec 10d on it to a server that has version 15 on it. I ONLY need to be able to recover data from the old tapes on the new server. I have performed inventories and successful catalog jobs on the new server, but NO recovery servers are made available.
I have also tried transferring the .fn and .img catalog files from the Backup Exec 10d server to the Backup Exec 15 server and restarted the Backup Exec 15 services, but Backup Exec 15 moves the .img files to its incompatible catalog directory.
Is this task possible?
The old server is still functional, but the Windows 2003 OS is EOL.
We have recently upgraded to 7.7.1 and I am now unable to login using the Java Console from my desktop to my master server due to a certificate issue. The FQDN in the error is different from the FQDN when I ping the server, but I dont know how to resolve this issue. When we were on 126.96.36.199 we didnt have any login issues.
After my Backup Exec 15 (latest patch and sp) server failed and returned back to life, I installed another BE15 and enabled CASO (Central Administration Server Option). Now I need to duplicate some of the backup sets that reside on the old server (now managed server) to CAS. Both have deduplication option enabled and have dedup storages configured. Both can perform backups.
When I browse old server's dedup storage and select the needed backup set and select duplicate option, I see the new server's dedup storage. I select new server storage and start the process but it is stuck on "Ready; Backup Exec Server not available" on the job monitor tab.
This is the screenshot of the job:
And here is the frustrating outcome;
I have enabled private cloud out of despair on both server and ofcourse it did not do any good. Anyone have any idea?
We are trying to make our backups/restores more efficient and we are looking at Multiplexing and Streams per drive. What are the best practices in that regard? Here is our environment, fell free to ask questions if my description is not sufficient.
Our Netbackup environment is running on Windows 2008 R2 SP1.
-1 Master and 7 media servers
-16 LOT5 drives
-Most of our backups are using the MS-Windows policy type.
-We are also using Flashbackup for some servers where there’s a lot of files or a lot of data.
-We have around 800 clients.
I am installing a green-field NBU 771 environment - with 1 x Master and 1 x Media servers running on W2K12R2, a HP StoreOnce Disk device (OST) and some LTO.
Windows 2012R2 is datacenter. All required licenses are installed.
I have installed the HP StoreOnce OST driver on each of the master and media servers. 3.1.2 HP Driver installed.
According to the 7.7 Hardware compatibility guide the 3.1 HP OST driver is good with Windows 2012R2 Datacenter.
I will be attaching the StoreOnce Catalyst device over fibre channel - not yet attached to master / media.
When I select create disk storage server, after selecting OST, I only see the two NetApp options in the drop-down for storage server type.
I can type in hp_StoreOnceCatalyst - but should it not appear in the drop-down for storage server type ?
Anyone throw any light on this - after installling the OST driver should the hp_StoreOnceCatalyst option appear in the storage server typpe drop-down ?
Where can I manually download updates for B.Exec 2012. (We are in a DMZ and cannot access LiveUpdate drom our media server)
The B.Exec server tool says we have version 14.0.1798.1244
I don't know if this is associated with a service pak or not.
I am looking at veritas link, https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH215122 , that says SP4 can be downloaded from TECH212772.
But when I redirect there, there is no clear download section.
1. Where do I manually download BExec SP4 (or the latest SP)
2. Where do I manually dwonlaod the hot fixes?
I found status is "Active: queued" and job has been running for over 4 hours (refer to 0002 and 0003).
I assigned 2 slots (slot 12 and 13) for a backup job.
Found the backup in slot 13 is in Nov 2015 but slot 12 is in Jul / Aug 2015.
Tape in slot 13 is "media full" but in slot 12 still available (refer to 0001).