Articles on this Page
- 04/27/15--11:11: _Client Count Report
- 04/27/15--11:14: _Renewing License on...
- 04/27/15--12:37: _Cancelling secondar...
- 04/27/15--13:05: _Information Store m...
- 04/27/15--13:39: _Issues Backing up s...
- 04/27/15--15:57: _Exchange Full Backu...
- 04/27/15--18:23: _Re-install of BE 11...
- 04/27/15--19:35: _Compatibility of BE...
- 04/27/15--20:13: _The difference bet...
- 04/28/15--07:38: _i am trying to remo...
- 04/28/15--07:49: _NFS mount point on ...
- 04/28/15--08:17: _Scripting Media Rep...
- 04/28/15--08:39: _Red Hat 5.11 do not...
- 04/28/15--09:08: _Tape DeviceDrivers ...
- 04/28/15--09:23: _backup exec 2014 SP...
- 04/28/15--12:11: _NBAC wont start aft...
- 04/28/15--12:59: _SMTP server - Update
- 04/28/15--19:25: _Restore Job
- 04/28/15--20:59: _Cannot backup Ubunt...
- 04/29/15--11:04: _NetBackup is lockin...
- 04/27/15--11:11: Client Count Report
- 04/27/15--11:14: Renewing License on Backup Exec 2014
- 04/27/15--12:37: Cancelling secondary SLP operation
- 04/27/15--13:05: Information Store missing from backup
- 04/27/15--15:57: Exchange Full Backup missed every 2nd day
- 04/27/15--19:35: Compatibility of BE 2015
- Backup Exec 15 can communicate with Backup Exec 2010 R3 Remote Agent for Windows Systems and later.
- agent versions that can be temporarily used with Backup Exec 15, BE 2012 needed sp4.
- 04/27/15--20:13: The difference between Tier A and Tier B V-Ray edition
- 04/28/15--07:49: NFS mount point on NetBackup 5230 Appliance
- 04/28/15--08:17: Scripting Media Reports
- 04/28/15--08:39: Red Hat 5.11 do not Browse folders
- 04/28/15--09:08: Tape DeviceDrivers needed
- 04/28/15--09:23: backup exec 2014 SP2 vmware jobs Final error: 0xe0009b61
- 04/28/15--12:11: NBAC wont start after upgrade to 7.6 in clustered master server
- 04/28/15--12:59: SMTP server - Update
- 04/28/15--19:25: Restore Job
- 04/28/15--20:59: Cannot backup Ubuntu 12.04 with Backup Exec 2014 SP2
I do not know if I am missing something, but I could not find the type of report I need.
I am using OpsCenter 188.8.131.52 running on Windows Server 2012R2.
I need a report that will give me a list and count of the clients for a specific Master server on a given date (i.e. the list and count for clients backing up to Master A as of January 31, 2015).
Thanks in advance.
I am renewing a license on BE 2014, however, the installer has been deleted. BE is updated via liveupdate with SP2 and Hotfix. Now, which installer should i download, the original or the one with SP2?
What happens if I cancel secondary SLp operations? From my understanding, the image will still wait for duplications to complete ( set to expire after copy ) and will kick off another duplication job later. Is this correct?
Wondering if anyone can explain this scenario...
We are running NB 7.5, on RH Linux media servers, backing up Exchange 2007, using the NB agent.
We needed to recover a mailbox in Exchange, so in going through the restore GUI in NB, we saw there is no catalog entry for this particular IS. It is in a policy with 2 other Information Stores, which I can recover for that date.
I restored the policy include file for the timeframe in question, as well as a dump of bpdbjobs, and it looks like the policy did have the IS in the include list. And from bpdbjobs, the backup ran fine (status=0). While the job details are hard to view, I do see the missing IS listed in the parent job. But in the child backup job, I do not see any references to that IS.
So it looks like from a backup perspective there was no issue, but why would that IS not be backed up? If it was not available, should I not have gotten some type of error on the backup job?
Hello, I'm having issues backing up another server in our network that is part of a different domain. I added the SBS 2011 server to BE2014 and installed the agents and established trust.
The problem is when I create a job I only see a small list of shared folders. It does not list the C or D drives, system state or Utility partion that you would normally see when creating a new job. Any ideas?
I tried backing up one of these shared folders and It completes but gives an exception, "Could not completely pretect remote computers because the BE remote agent was not installed". I've installed the agent 3 times and it shows it installs succssfully each time.
Catalog jobs have resource contention with their related parent jobs. Blocked from dispatching until it finish...
i try to restart the all services, one service not started we have to restart the server
then jobs will run automaticly plz help
I had to uinstall and reinstall BE 11d from this 2003 server I have. I'm mostly all move to 2012 (it's not a great product but it is what it is)
Here's the problem. I had to create a new login account and the darning thing does not work on any of my other servers. This 2003 box used to be a domain controller and over the weekend I demoted it, renamed and removed and added it back to the domain. The old name and IP I moved to a 2008 box as a new domain controller.
I'm at a loss. The pw, domain credentials are right . (period, they're right/confirmed multiple times) But I get a 'query failed", a failed to access domain-name, etc all looking like it's credentials. I can even traverse to the one notes server via command line (as my logged in user/same as in BE)
At this point I could just as easily smoke the whole server except there is some last data that I'd rather not get off by robocopy but that's apparently my next step.
thoughts for further trouble shooting? Do I have to reinstall the agent on the remote servers since the server name is different?
I am confusing on agent compatibility. Since some agent is using BE 2012 sp3 only.
From Administrative guide, I found
But from software compatibility list,
Then BE 2012 sp3 is support or not ??
Can someone explain the difference betweek Tier A and Tier B ?
i am trying to remove client name in to policy but it's getting error,the policy could not be modified status : 43 unexpected message recived.
Please I need your expert advise on this solution:
Customer has proposed implementing backup solution via NFS; this solution is based on having the centralized server IPs & file path where to send the backups to.
We currently have Symantec NetBackup 5230 Appliance installed in this customer datacenter.
Question: Will NetBackup 5230 Appliance support mount points from network file systems (NFS). This will enable customer backup their network file system data to the central storage location, which is on the NBU appliance.
Thanks in advance,
I am frequently asked by our customers how to created Backup Exec reports that will show either:
1. Media written to since the last set of backups and the date it is due back
2. a Media Report for the tapes that are being sent offsite and a Media Report for the tapes that are due back from the offsite location
These reports need to be in the form of a CSV or TXT file and they need to be sent to the vendors server.
Not sure where to start...
I have BackupExec 2010, I Install the agent in a Red Hat 5.11, but when I try to list the folders on BackupExec I heva a problem, the folders of the server not open, the software try a long time to open it and give a error: "out of memory" or "that is not possible to open the folders".
Anyone have this problem and solve it ?
I see on Symantec page, that Red Hat 5.11 are not Compatible with BackupExec 2010, only 5.7 later are compatible: (Supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 up to and including update 7 (5.7))
Anyone have a alternative to make it work ?
I am looking for the latest tape device drivers (tapeinst.exe).
I find a Symantec URL ( https://support.symantec.com/en_US/search-result.html?type=search&startOver=Y&productSelected=&keywordOrPhrase=bews+drivers ) that says to go to the following URL ( https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH22514.html ) to get the drivers.
However, the URL just mentioned directs me to go to yet another URL ( http://entsupport.symantec.com/umi/V-269-10
) to get the drivers.
And that URL brings me to this URL.http://support.symantec.com/en_US.html
So how do I get the latest drivers for my tape device?
I have BE 2014 SP2, windows 2008 R2 SP1.
I have upgrade Backup Exec 2014 to SP2.
All virtual machine backups end with the error 0xe0009b61:
'Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logon account.
Final error category: Security Errors'
Before upgrading everything worked regularly.
The test credential is ok.
Hey guys, issue with NBAC after uprading NBU 184.108.40.206 to 7.6.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 Cluster.
We have a Master Server-only clustered with Microsoft Cluster. NBAC was working normally before the upgrade.
Before upgrading, we set the USE_VXSS to PROHIBITED, and the upgrade went fine. Installation logs show the install going thru the AZ files normally.
After the upgrade, when changing USE_VXSS back to AUTOMATIC, the Authorization and other services won't start.
A few troubleshooting we've made:
1) Running admincmd\bpnbaz.exe -upgrade and admincmd\bpnbaz.exe -setupmaster. Both fail with "Cannot contact the Authorization Service".
2) As I have no problems in loosing the NBAC configs (they are very simple and I could rebuild it from scratch), tried replacing the NBAZDB.db with the NBAZDB.template but the services wouldn't start after that, so I rolled it back.
3) Putting hostnames in server.conf, vxdbms.conf and EngineName key with the same value
Service still doesnt start
4) Compared \sec\az\bin\VRTSaz.conf with a working 7.6.1 NBAC installation, as suggested by another KB.
We noticed the build numbers didn't match: problematic cluster has it as 220.127.116.11 and our working lab has it as 18.104.22.168. Changing this config didn't help, so we rolled it back too.
5) Started the AZ deamon in debug mode, as suggested by the debugging NBAC KB. Returned looks like database related:
sec\az\bin>nbazd.exe -eazs "C:\Program Files\Veritas\netbackup\sec\az\bin\eazs.loc" -fg 9
Entered "db_odbc_cache_handle () "
Left "db_odbc_cache_handle () ": 0 ticks
txn.c(511) Calling SQLError...
txn.c(522) SQLState =  SQLErrMsg = [[Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Database server not found]
txn.c(528) Unable to connect to database, db_rc = (0), try_count = 0
Left "db_odbc_check_db_state () ": 10063 ticks
28/04/2015 15:44:06 db_odbc_check_db_state () failed, rc = 3004
Left "db_check_db_state () ": 10063 ticks
28/04/2015 15:44:06 External DB engine hasn't been started
28/04/2015 15:44:06 Fatal error encountered: main.c(1358) 3004 3004
28/04/2015 15:44:06 VxSS-vxazd ERROR V-18-3078 Fatal error encountered. (main.c:1358)
28/04/2015 15:44:06 VxSS-vxazd LOG V-18-4204 Server is stopped.
Relational database is obviously up.
We'd like to bring the NBAC up or at least drop it so we can reconfigure it. But the unsintalling NBAC KB (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH189775.html) does't offer the steps for MSCS server.
Thanks a lot.
Am looking for the information to get the detials about the SMTP server.
1) How to check what is current SMTP server it is using?
2) If we want to update new SMTP server with the old one, What are steps to be followed & also does it require any backup?
i am not able to perform a restore and redirection. I can not select a resource and i can not figure out why. I have a critical restore i need to perform due to a power outage and i am at a lose for why i can not view resources anymore.
i have rebooted the server. Could this be a service that is not running? if so i am not sure what service this is in relation too.
Running SBE 2010 R3
I have not being able to backup Ubuntu 12.04 with backup exec 2014.
some results from my ubuntu server
ps -elf | grep beremote | grep -v grep
4 S root 1558 1 0 80 0 - 107294 hrtime 23:37 ? 00:00:00 /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote
sudo strings /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote | grep -i version
conversion of data to type "
Engine doesn't use the minimum protocol version supported by this agent. Engine rev is
I seen this message, but I am not sure if it means anything Engine doesn't use the minimun protocol......
I disabled IPV6, on my windows Backup Exec 2014 server I get the
Failure to browse [ROOT]
A network connection could not be established.
We are facing problem on virtual machines, which are added to Netbackup. NBU is failing job with error 156 and virtual machin is showing error on vsphere client saying "virtual Machine consolidation is needed". I saw some people had same issue when they upgraded to 22.214.171.124 but we are still using 126.96.36.199 We have not made any changes recently on netbackup or vmware side.
Can someone please help me to figure out what is the issue here.